BlomURBEX3D™ is an online geoserver for Blom3D products. The BlomURBEX3D server is fast, efficient and can be accessed via the desktop, web and mobile application.
BlomURBEX3D currently hosts over 340 Blom3D city models, in excess of 12,000 km² of data. The models have four different LODs (level of detail), ranging from simple wire frames to fully textured models. This flexible range of LOD allows for Blom’s clients to choose which level of detail they require for their specific purposes.
The Blom3D product family contains the following layers/components:
- BlomLOD1 - Building blocks minus roof detail
- BlomLOD2 - Building blocks with large scale roof detail
- BlomLOD3- Building blocks with large scale roof detail plus standard format library textures based on colour and representation of real features
- BlomLOD4 - Building blocks with large scale roof detail plus Photo-realistic textures from aerial imagery
- BlomLANDMARKS - High resolution 3D representations of specific landmarks completed with Photo-realistic textures
- BlomNAVIGATION - Dataset of road features and other elements generated for routing, navigation and representation purposes.
The BlomURBEX3D server has been specially designed to provide fast access to the BlomURBEX3D models. They are light weight compared to standard 3D formats; and are designed especially for an online environment. The components of the data models are packaged and compressed for easy publication; this perfectly balances the volume of data while keeping the high quality of the model.
The data and functionality can be accessed through a variety of technologies and applications, Blom has a collection of standard API’s / SDK’s which allow users to create their own integrations with intranet solutions or web mapping products. Alternatively users can access BlomURBEX3D through pre-developed GIS plug-ins or via Blom’s new viewing application BlomWEB™. The many different methods of accessing BlomURBEX3D emphasises the flexibility of the service and how this geoserver can meet all customer requirements, however varied they may be.